General Conditions of Sale
Most recent update: 25/07/2023
The following definitions will help you understand the general conditions of sale:
- GTC: General Terms and Conditions of Sale.
- Company: Lenti & Villasco S.r.l., a company incorporated under Italian law registered with the Chamber of Commerce Industria Artigianato of Alessandria – P.Iva 01914930068, with registered office in 15048 Valenza (AL), piazza Lanza, n. 2.
- Web site: www.lenti1963.com
- Products: products sold by the Company via the Website.
- Consumer or User: the natural person who acts for purposes unrelated to the entrepreneurial, commercial, craft or professional activity eventually carried out (art. 3, paragraph 1, lett. a), D.Lgs. n. 206/2005).
- Customer Service: the customer service provided by the Company.
- User name: the name that the User uses to create their personal account.
- Password: alphanumeric code to be used for the creation of the personal account and for subsequent access to the Site.
- Flag: the check on the box that the User intends to select to make a choice among more options of the Site.
- EU: European Union.
- Carrier: Company in charge of the transport of the Products.
- Customer Service: the customer service whose contact details are indicated on the Site.
2. COMPANY HISTORY AND PHILOSOPHY
“Founded by Piero Lenti and Osvaldo Villasco, for over half a century Lenti Villasco creates, designs and produces high quality Italian jewelry. The aspiration to obtain jewelry with an impeccable workmanship in every smallest detail immediately becomes the missionof the company and remains unchanged, solid in time and generational transition“.
The Company operates with the utmost transparency and in compliance with the rights of the consumer provided for by current legislation, in particular, Legislative Decree n. 206/2005 (“Codice del consumo”) and Legislative Decree no. 70/2003 (Implementation of Directive 2000/31/EC, with particular reference to e-commerce) and subsequent amendments.
3. SITE OWNERSHIP AND INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY
The Site is owned by the Company. The trademarks, designs and all the contents published on the Site are the exclusive property of the Company and any use not authorized in writing by the Company is prohibited.
4. PRIVACY E COOKIE
5. INFORMATION FOR THE CONCLUSION OF THE SALES CONTRACT
a) Technical phases of the Site for the purchase of Products
The following information will allow you to know in advance the technical steps within the Site to buy the Products:
- to start you must create a personal account following the instructions that will be provided from time to time;
- after creating your account, you can select one or more Products;
- selected the Products you intend to purchase, you can make the payment.
- In order to purchase the Products you will have to accept the GTC via a Flag, by selecting the appropriate box; if you do not select the box “I accept the GTC” you will not be able to buy any Product.
The Company may modify the GTC and the technical phases of purchase of the Products at any time. The GTC in force will be applied when the Company will receive the actual credit for the sale of the Products.
The main language of the Site is English. The Site has an Italian version and can also be translated into other languages. In case of doubts about the content of the GTC, the English version will prevail over all other versions.
6. PRE-CONTRACTUAL INFORMATION
Before purchasing the Products on the Site, you can consult the Product sheets that will provide you with the following information:
- name of the collection;
- metal used;
- description of precious stones (if used);
- quantity of Products intended to be added to the shopping cart;
- link to customer service to book a free telephone consultation before purchasing the Product.
The information referred to in the previous numbers from 1 to 8, will be indicated in the order confirmation email that you will receive after payment.
The prices of the Products are expressed in Euros and include taxes and shipping costs. Customs duties and any specific charges and/or taxes to be paid in the country of destination are excluded.
8. EXECUTION OF PURCHASE ORDERS AND METHODS OF PAYMENT
- After loading the Products on the shopping cart, to continue with the purchase, a smaller web page will appear in which the command will be highlighted: “Proceed with the order”. The following information summarising the terms of the sales contract will appear in the same box:
- 1.1 link to the product sheet;
- 1.2 price;
- 1.3 conditions of shipment;
- 1.4 quantity of Products purchased;
- 1.5 links to a third-party website to pay for the Products via financing. The Company shall not be liable for any damage or inconvenience arising from browsing on third-party sites.
- 2. The payment of the Products may be made through the payment circuits and instruments indicated on the Website. The order confirmation e-mail will be sent only after verification of the payment data and following the authorization to charge.
- 3. The Company shall not be liable for any fraudulent and unlawful use of payment data by third parties. We reserve the right to cancel the transaction in case of suspected fraudulent use of payment data. To ensure greater security, further information or documents may be requested at any time without which we reserve the right not to accept the transaction.
9. PERSONAL ACCOUNT
If you want to purchase the Products you will need to create a personal account. You must indicate your “user-name” and a “password”, which we invite you to keep with the utmost diligence. The Company shall not be held liable for any fraudulent use of the personal account. Any purchase on the Site made through your personal account will be considered valid.
10. CONDITIONS RELATING TO SHIPMENT
- Shipping times are indicated in the Products sheets.
- Shipping times must be considered purely indicative and non-binding. The Company assumes no responsibility with regard to delivery times, which depend on third parties in charge of the shipment. In the event that the delivery of the Products does not take place within 30 working days from the order confirmation, we will send you an e-mail to inform you about the new delivery time, without prejudice to the right to withdraw from the contract. In that case, you will be refunded the price already paid.
- The passage of the risk of loss or damage to the Products, for reasons not attributable to the Company, is transferred to the User at the time when the latter, or a third party designated by him and different from the Carrier, becomes materially in possession of the Products.
- If you purchase from a non-EU country, import duties and taxes will be the sole responsibility of the User. It is the sole responsibility of the User to verify, in the country of destination, the application of duties and/ or other taxes to the purchase and sale of jewelry.
- Before purchasing the Products, the User must verify the existence of any prohibitions relating to the sale and/or transport of jewels in the country of destination.
If you want to communicate a complaint, write to Customer Service and you will be contacted as soon as possible and in any case within 15 working days of your request.
12. RETAIL SALE
The Company sells directly to the Consumer. If you represent a company or are carrying out your business or otherwise professional activity, contact Customer Service and you will be provided with the necessary information for a possible commercial collaboration.
13. MAXIMUM QUANTITY OF ORDERS
Each order may cover one or more Products. We reserve the right to provide for a maximum number of orders to be placed at the same time.
14. IMAGES, COLOURS AND ENGRAVINGS
The images and colors of the Products may not match the real ones due to the technical features and resolution of the equipment and software that is equipped with your electronic device. The images, the colors and the possible engraving, therefore, must be considered as indicative and examples. The Company cannot be held responsible for any inadequacy of the images due to the above technical reasons.
15. CHANGING THE ORDER
If you intend to make changes to your order following our confirmation, please contact our Customer Service.
16. TRACKING OF THE ORDER
You can check the status of your order thanks to the linkin the order confirmation email.
17. AVAILABILITY OF PRODUCTS
By accepting the GTC, you also accept the risk that limited Products stocks will prevent your order from being processed within the agreed terms. One or more Products may not be available. The Company cannot be held liable for any damage, if the order is not processed due to exhaustion of stocks. If the order is partially available, we will inform you by e-mail, but the order will still be processed; we will inform you about the availability and delivery times of the remaining Products.
18. RIGHT OF WITHDRAWAL
- The User has the right to withdraw from the sales contract and be refunded the sums already paid, by sending an e-mail within 14 days. The period of 14 days will begin from the day following the delivery of the Products directly to the User or to a third party who acquires physical possession of the Product (For example, the porter, a partner). In the case of delivery of a batch of Products or multiple pieces, the term of 14 days will start from the day you acquire physical possession of the last batch or piece, directly or to a third party that acquires physical possession of the Product (For example, the doorman, a partener).
- In case of withdrawal, the User must return the Products within 14 days of sending the notice of withdrawal; the deadline will start from the day of shipment of the withdrawal e-mail. If the User does not comply with the above terms, the Company will not have the obligation neither to accept the return nor to refund the price.
- The costs for the return of the Products will be at the sole expense and risk of the User, in particular, the obligation of the User to: (i) adequately ensure the Products it intends to return; (ii) take all necessary measures for the safekeeping of the Products.
- All refunds will be processed within 14 days of receipt of the Product, after verification of their integrity, through the same payment method used for the purchase.
- The Products must be returned in their original state and packaging and the identification tag must still be present on the Products.
- If the returned Products show irregularities, the Company may refuse the return. The right of withdrawal is excluded in the following cases:
6.1 Products damaged, worn and/or that have been immersed in liquids/substances of various kinds that have caused the loss of one or more characteristics of the Product.
6.2 A customized product is characterized by the presence of particular, by way of example and not exhaustive, the indication of dedications, dates, recurrences, symbols, colors chosen ad-hoc. For this reason, a customized product, precisely taking into account the customization, cannot be returned and, therefore, the right of withdrawal is in such cases excluded. With reference to products “made to measure or clearly customized” the right of withdrawal is excluded in accordance with art. 59 lett. c) of the Consumer Code and therefore the price will not be refunded.
6.3 The right of withdrawal is excluded if a decrease in the value of the Products is established, resulting from handling other than that necessary to establish the nature, characteristics and functioning of the goods. For example, if a Product is worn and/or the tag of which each Product is equipped will be detached, it cannot be returned. In such cases, the right of withdrawal is excluded, in accordance with art. 57, paragraph 2, of the Consumer Code.
1.1 Products damaged, worn and/or that have been immersed in liquids/substances of various kinds that have caused the loss of one or more characteristics of the Product.
1.2 A customized product is characterized by the presence of particular, by way of example and not exhaustive, the indication of dedications, dates, recurrences, symbols, colors chosen ad-hoc. For this reason, a customized product, precisely taking into account the customization, cannot be returned and, therefore, the right of withdrawal is in such cases excluded. With reference to products “made to measure or clearly customized” the right of withdrawal is excluded in accordance with art. 59 lett. c) of the Consumer Code and therefore the price will not be refunded.
1.3 The right of withdrawal is excluded if a decrease in the value of the Products is established, resulting from handling other than that necessary to establish the nature, characteristics and functioning of the goods. For example, if a Product is worn and/or the tag of which each Product is equipped will be detached, it cannot be returned. In such cases, the right of withdrawal is excluded, in accordance with art. 57, paragraph 2, of the Consumer Code.
8. To exercise the right of withdrawal, simply send an e-mail to Customer Service, containing an explicit statement of your decision to withdraw from the contract or use the form available at the following Link
19. RESPONSIBILITY FOR SITE NAVIGATION
The Company will not be liable if, due to navigation on the Site, the User suffers damage of any kind. By way of example and not limited to, damage to the electronic device for a computer virus or damage resulting from hacker attacks that may have caused the loss/dissemination of personal and/or confidential data (By way of example and not exhaustive, payment instruments).
20. GUARANTEE ON PRODUCTS
The warranty on the Products will be valid for two (2) years from the date of purchase, unless any legislative changes.
21. DEFECTIVE PRODUCTS
- The Company will guarantee the defective Products provided that the User reports the defect within two (2) months of its discovery. If the User does not comply with the term indicated, the Company will have no warranty obligation.
- In case of defectiveness of the Product, the User shall have the right to obtain the restoration of the Product without charge, through repair or replacement, or to obtain an appropriate price reduction or termination of the contract relating to the contested Products.
- The Products will be covered by warranty only if intact, never worn and equipped with the “Lenti1963” tag. The costs of returning defective Products shall be borne by the Company.
22. APPLICABLE LAW AND FORUM
The contractual relationship is regulated, interpreted and executed in accordance with Italian law. Competent for the definition of any dispute with consumers arising from, or related to, these CGV is the judge of the place of residence or domicile of the consumer, if located in the territory of the Italian State. In any other case, including the circumstance in which you are not a Consumer under the applicable legal provisions, the jurisdiction for the definition of any dispute will be devolved exclusively to the Court of Milan.
23. REFERRAL BACK
For what is not expressly stated, please refer to the Italian legislation in force.
24. FORCE MAJEURE OR EXTRAORDINARY EVENTS
In case of violation of the GTC, we will not be liable if any breach does not depend on our will: by way of example and not exhaustive, natural disasters, measures of authority, wars, floods, explosions or insurrections, interruptions of computer or telecommunications services, failure of third parties, strikes.
25. ONLINE DISPUTE RESOLUTION (ODR – Online Dispute Resolution)
Ai sensi dell’art. 14 of Regulation (EU) No. 524/2013, for dispute resolution online you can contact the platform ODR. Below is the link to the European ODR platform: